Pump on and off

Users who are viewing this thread

smithlh11

Reaction score
I have had horrible water pressure lately as in 26 psi so i pumped air into the tank up to 50, now the pump is freaking out and kicks on every 10-15 seconds, it only runs for 2 seconds before kicking back off. This happens even though im not running the water. please help!

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
The air pressure in your tank should be 2 lbs. below the cut in pressure of the pump.You need to re adjust the settings to get that pump to settle down. Your horrible water pressure is not your tank but maybe a plugged filter or some sort of restriction.

sammy

www.tylerwellandpump.com

smithlh11

Reaction score
would that restriction be in the house or before it gets to the pump? when i put more air in the tank the pressure is now good...thanks for the reply...

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
The pump seems to be building pressure or it wouldn't be turning on and off rapidly so if there is a restriction it is after the tank. Do you have a filter?? What pressure is the pump cycling at(on/off)? You might have a bad tank. You need to drain the tank down, then check the air pressure and add the proper amount of air according to your turn on pressure of the pump. Also once its drained push on the tank to see if its heavy. If it is, your tank is waterlogged and is no good. Get the tank settings squared away.

sammy

www.tylerwellandpump.com

smithlh11

Reaction score
thanks for the help, i changed my filter which was heavy and think with goo, then i let some of the air out of the tank and it seems to be fine...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks