Pulsatron pump issues

Users who are viewing this thread

milk001

Reaction score
Hello all,

I hope i am posting in the right section. We are renting a home which had a chlorinator pump which seem to have worked but then failed, the sulfur smell is bad. I purchased a new pulsatron pump to replace it but i am having problem with the pump building too much pressure and blowing hose off pump. I have researched the internet and the plumbing they did doesnt seem correct. We have a jet pump that flows downward off of the main line there is a ball valve then a check valve the thread coupling where the chlorinator injector is installed. Please kindly give me some pointers how this should be plumbed. Thank You

Attachments

• IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 176

Reach4

Reaction score
I purchased a new pulsatron pump to replace it but i am having problem with the pump building too much pressure and blowing hose off pump.
What hose blows off of where on which pump? I presume F is the old disconnected pump, and D is the new pump. So you probably mean D. So is the hose at C coming out? Or B?
img_1.jpg

I don't know how that should be set up. I presume there is a pressure gauge not shown.

milk001

Reaction score
What hose blows off of where on which pump? I presume F is the old disconnected pump, and D is the new pump. So you probably mean D. So is the hose at C coming out? Or B?
View attachment 40438

I don't know how that should be set up. I presume there is a pressure gauge not shown.

D is the New pump, hose blows off on the discharge side of pump (c). There is a pressure gauge on top of Jetpump.

Reach4

Reaction score
D is the New pump, hose blows off on the discharge side of pump (c). There is a pressure gauge on top of Jetpump.
Usually a compression fitting connecting polyethylene has a ferrule (olive) around the tubing, and an insert into the cut end to provide inside resistance to compression. If these are present, then I would guess that you were not using enough torque, or the fitting was not made for the job.

Were the not-holding fitting parts reused? If the current fitting is not holding, try a new fitting.

Where does hose (E) go? Does B go to a dip tube into the solution tank?

I am not a plumber or other pro.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks