PsideKick system drops to zero PSI instantly...

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by CenterTree, Oct 2, 2021.

1. CenterTree

CenterTree Member

I will lower the precharge down to 40 then.
    Is there a way to disconnect/bypass/remove the low pressure cutoff on the switch, so I don't have to spend any more money for a new one?

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    With the small tank and the 5 second soft start you really just need to get rid of the low pressure cut off switch. It will be a pain from now on.

LLigetfa and Bannerman like this.
  3. banjo bud

banjo bud Member

The gage you are using to check the tank pre charge may be off.

4. CenterTree

CenterTree Member

I do suspect the gauge to be about 2 PSI off actually.
    Figure that we "rely" on pressure gauges on the tank, and then we use our own measuring gauge to check the tank pressure and we end up with a lot of minute/small differences that might make just the amount of problems we get in our settings. So yeah.

But anyway, I lowered the pressure tank pre-charge down to 41 and all is working fine now.

So if anyone in the future ever has this issue they will know what to do.

Always get good help here at TL.

LLigetfa, valveman and Reach4 like this.
  5. justler

justler New Member

I'll be dropping in an SQ pump, right now my pressure switch is a 40/60 with tank set to 38psi. When I do the SQ swap should I drop the pressure tank charge down to 35 and leave the pressure switch as is?

6. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    Make it 30 PSI air and the switch will be fine.