Proper way to support vertical pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

38ppBBia

Reaction score
I'm looking for the right way to support 3" cast iron or PVC pipe that is run vertically in a wall that is not close to a stud, maybe 6" away from the stud. Do you support from above where it goes horizontal or is there another way to support it? Is there a difference between PVC and cast iron? Thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
In a wall with 2x5 studs on 16 inch centers? You could probably figure out how to support the wings on a riser clamp. I am not a plumber.

50g0300-3.jpg
You can also get pipe clamps that go onto strut, but that might need a thicker wall.

fixed_pipe_clamp1.gif

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
A riser clamp located where the pipe goes through each floor is a good start. Riser clamps can be installed below any bell and through-bolted and lagged to adjacent wall studs with heavy steel strapping.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks