PRESSURE TANK NOT FILLING

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael Oakley

Reaction score
HEY.!
I’m a licensed plumber and an A book Steam Fitter, with zero well experience.
All of a sudden water pressure drops to a trickle. I knew I needed to replace old rusted out shallow well pump. After replacing pump I still have the same problem. Well tank is light and raising bladder cut out has no effect. Pump runs constantly, can’t find any water leaks, when I shut ball vale off after filters before well tank pump shuts at 35-40 psi. When I relese pressure it drops and continuously round again.
Need expert well system help.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
First off, the pressure switch should be at the tank Tee. Second, there should not be any filters before the pressure tank. If there is a shut-off after the tank turn that off. My guess is you have a leak you have yet to find.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Probably have a 20/40 pressure switch, so shutting off at 40 sounds right. Open the valve and the pressure drops off and the pump comes on, means water is going somewhere. Something is leaking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks