Poor flow in RV shower (valve?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Pat Traynor

Reaction score
I've recently rebuilt my campsite and installed a simple shower stall ($360 from HD). I have an on-demand propane hot water heater feeding it. The faucet control valve is a simple 4" 2-handle type:

The water pressure going into both the hot and cold inputs into that control valve is very strong. But the combined warm water coming out of the valve is very low. I don't know why it's constricted to such a low flow level.

I believe that this extreme flow constriction is causing problems with my propane water heater (it keeps shutting off).

I've looked all over, and I'm seeing very little in the way of alternative control valves to replace this with.

Are there higher flow rate valves available that might fit my shower stall? Anything else I might try?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
try a 2 handle old school style like a price pfister that will work like a charm

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
google 2 handle shower valve lowes youll see one sorry dont know how to do a link

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks