Polybutylene Supply Line to Copper

Users who are viewing this thread

Irelandhokie

Reaction score
I recently purchased a house that has a polybutylene supply line from the street to the house. The house itself has copper plumbing. I was having an issue with a thumping sound while the water was running that the plumber successfully diagnosed as a bad water pressure regulator. While he was replacing the water pressure regulator, he noticed that the qest coupling connecting the polybutylene supply line to the copper in the house had a crack on it that had been fixed by the previous owner with super glue. He went to replace it with a new qest coupling but it would continue to leak. So instead he put in some new pipe and installed what I believe is a CPVC coupling (pic attached) that seems to have done the trick. I just wanted to make sure what he used is correct?

I have insurance on the polybutylene supply line, so I am not planning on replacing it until it has an issue.

Thanks for your feedback!

Attachments

• IMG_4427.JPG
    IMG_4427.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 295

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
That is called a dresser coupling and they are an approved fitting.
I`ve used a few times an never had any problem with them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks