• Yes..?

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No...?

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Kid Genius

Reaction score
Well I don't know much about toilets but I know something is wrong. I have a Korky 528 fill valve and a overflow tube that isn't the right height. I don't know what to do in order to cut it or what to do about the fill valve. It makes a hissing sound and at random times of the day it will over flow and the water will come out of the toilet handle and wet around the toilet and my walls. It is progressively becoming a problem and causing a problem in my home. I'm not quite sure on what to do but I know when a plumber was called it was nothing wrong?

Reach4

Reaction score
I expect the fill height adjustment would be in the installation video. http://www.korky.com/toilet-troubleshooting-guide

The overflow tube height I would think would be done with a saw.

Your valve might need a new seal, which is pretty cheap. Maybe it just needs cleaning. See the fill valve service video.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like there is some trash in the fill valve. You need to take it apart and clean it out. Before you put it all back together, hold a cup over the top of the flush valve and turn the water on. Hold onto the cup to direct the spray into the toilet tank. Shut the water back off and put the fill valve back together. Adjust the overflow height so it is 1 inch lower than the handle hole. Most tanks have a water level height so you know how high to adjust the water level. The overflow should be about half an inch above the water line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks