Please identify these faucets.

Users who are viewing this thread

marvel

Reaction score
Hi, I have a few questions. First the bathroom faucet.....My hot water handle side drips continuously no matter how tight I close it. I would like to repair it vs replace it but it's unknown to me he brand that it is so I can replace parts. I also have 2 outdoor spigots that leak and water comes out of the top of them. I can't identify the brands of them either. I'd like to repair vs replace because I'm unsure if they are saudered on or screwed in. I will never go under the house to find out either. Where do I find the brand on these, where do I find the parts for these? It's a 1940s home and nothing is a simple fix. How do I post pics of these items?

marvel

Reaction score
image.jpeg
N
image.jpeg

Hi, I have a few questions. First the bathroom faucet.....My hot water handle side drips continuously no matter how tight I close it. I would like to repair it vs replace it but it's unknown to me he brand that it is so I can replace parts. I also have 2 outdoor spigots that leak and water comes out of the top of them. I can't identify the brands of them either. I'd like to repair vs replace because I'm unsure if they are saudered on or screwed in. I will never go under the house to find out either. Where do I find the brand on these, where do I find the parts for these? It's a 1940s home and nothing is a simple fix. How do I post pics of these items?

marvel

Reaction score
I went to George Morlan plumbing supply store for washer and packing for the outdoor spigots and they told me I needed to replace the whole spigot & that parts aren't made for a spigot that old. I just need a washer and packing if someone could tell me where I might be able to find the parts.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need to take them apart to determine what you can do. Most hardware stores carry an asortment of faucet washers. You may be able to replace the stems in the bathroom faucet or just replace the compression washer.

Last edited:

Flapper

Reaction score
Just tighten the packing nuts on the hose bibbs. It is typical for them to start leaking after a while; all you need is to tighten it. Tighten it until it stops, and go no more.
If you can't tighten it any further then the packing is fully compressed and you need to add packing.
I wonder if you can use PTFE tape as packing, by wrapping it until it makes a thick ring. It would be like those PTFE packing material.

Flapper

Reaction score
I went to George Morlan plumbing supply store for washer and packing for the outdoor spigots and they told me I needed to replace the whole spigot & that parts aren't made for a spigot that old.
The packing material should be universal.
Do you need to replace the valve washer? If the valve isn't leaking when it's closed, you don't need to replace it.
I think it may be a standard part too. You should probably be able to find something that fits.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks