Playing with Traps

Users who are viewing this thread

i960

Reaction score
Is it permissible/acceptable to use two 45s or two 90s and a female coupler to route the immediate drain from a small sink towards the back of the wall and then take a vertical drop down to a P-trap? I ask this because I was considering shifting the drain's vertical drop before the trap towards the rear of the sink, rather than directly centered, as a means of recovering some frontal space under the sink rather than having the trap directly in the way. Any issues?

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
thats basically what they do with the drain on a handicap lav to give leg space under the lav. It turns 90 degrees towards the back wall then another 90 degrees down into the trap.

i960

Reaction score
thats basically what they do with the drain on a handicap lav to give leg space under the lav. It turns 90 degrees towards the back wall then another 90 degrees down into the trap.

Sweet, thanks. That was exactly my plan.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks