Pitiless adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I don't think they make them that small. With the shoe that sticks out from the inside of the casing there wouldn't be any room for the drop pipe.

Mike onesti

Reaction score
I don't think they make them that small. With the shoe that sticks out from the inside of the casing there wouldn't be any room for the drop pipe.
Have a 2 1/2 casing with a cap inside is a 1 inch pipe to pull up sand point the pitiless is 6 feet down

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes yes I am looking for 2 leather cup seals 2 1/4 inch
If you want leathers, there are two pipes that connect to the well casing. Any pitless would have to connect both.

Have you priced a new well? I understand that it is major. Some call a new car an investment. It is not; it is an expense. However a new well is an investment. Big bucks but it has major value over time, and the value does not depreciate.

This is not to say that you won't be able to find a spool type pitless that will work very well with your existing well. As you can see, they are not at all common.

Reach4

Reaction score
Here are a few possibilities that come to mind...
  1. build a heated or super-insulated well house over an above ground casing. I know there will be those that think it cannot be done with just insulation, but it could in theory be done. The ground underneath is the heat source. If you use a heated well house, be ready with kerosene or other heaters to use if there is a long power outage.
  2. bury an adapter, cover with sand, an dig up when you need well work.
  3. dig a pit, and make sure the connection is waterproof (hard to do). Also, put a sump pump in the pit.
  4. Weld a 2 inch ID pipe deep enough and use a Baker PJ pitless for a 2 inch deep well https://www.bakerwatersystems.com/p...deep-well-pitless-units-for-concentric-piping
  5. Get a new 5 inch well, or at least 3 inch well with PVC casing. Put in a submersible pump and a pitless. If a 3 inch well, you may need to expand bigger to below the frost line for the pitless, but you could run 4 inch all of the way.
#2 and #3 may be forbidden by codes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks