P-trap Approved In Nyc

Users who are viewing this thread

Ivona

Reaction score
For last several days I have been looking for NICE LOOKING P-TRAP FOR HIGH-END CONDOMINIUMS that are legal in New York City. I received some contradicted opinions and finally I got NYC Code compliant P-Trap that looks very simple (nothing really special). If anybody is familiar with this issue and tell me if bottle trap is approved and 1-1/4" tread and outer can be used in NYC or even tell me which P-Trap can be easily exposed because of the look, I will really appreciate.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
trap

By codes and definition, bottle traps are illegal. But if it is not inspected, and if you think a big box store would not sell anything that is not allowed, use it.

k-9033.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

speedball1

Retired plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.askme.com
Hi Ivona,

I was asked about New York "P" traps at another site. Since I'm a Florida plumber I looked up the code. "P" traps, by NYC code require a clean out,(see image) But as hj advised if nobody's gonna know and a bottle trap will do the trick, have at it. Good luck, Tom

Attachments

• P trap with Clean Out.jpg
    P trap with Clean Out.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 581
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks