Options for replacement water softener- SoCal 15gpg hardness

Users who are viewing this thread

ahultin

Reaction score
Apologies if this double posts, for some reason I could not see my post from this morning.
We have a system that we installed when we built our house ~2004 with a felck 7000 carbon filter and a fleck 7000 softener, The softener stopped working during the pandemic supply shortage and i never got around to replacing it. Christmas day, our Noritz tankless died, we replaced it with a Navien NPE-240a2. With the new heater, i want to get the softener installed relatively soon to cut down on scaling.
Our home is 4bed 4 bath but currently only 3 full time occupants since 2 of the 3 kids have grown and gone. There are peaks (like Christmas) where occupancy gets in the mid teens. I tested the hardness 3x today with a hach 5b at 15 grains per gallon. We have a 2" mainline from the street, reduced to 1.25 at the pressure regulator then reduced to 1" at the softener loop. The fleck 7000 is installed currently hard lined using the 1" sweat adapters. I installed the current filtration/water heater etc so have no issued making changes as needed to accommodate a different valve.
What i am looking for is recommendations on what softener to use and vendor suggestions on where to purchase.
I do have an account at Hirsch pipe locally but they only stock one brand which is setup for 3/4 mainline.

Thank you in advance,

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Apologies if this double posts, for some reason I could not see my post from this morning.
We have a system that we installed when we built our house ~2004 with a felck 7000 carbon filter and a fleck 7000 softener, The softener stopped working during the pandemic supply shortage and i never got around to replacing it. Christmas day, our Noritz tankless died, we replaced it with a Navien NPE-240a2. With the new heater, i want to get the softener installed relatively soon to cut down on scaling.
Our home is 4bed 4 bath but currently only 3 full time occupants since 2 of the 3 kids have grown and gone. There are peaks (like Christmas) where occupancy gets in the mid teens. I tested the hardness 3x today with a hach 5b at 15 grains per gallon. We have a 2" mainline from the street, reduced to 1.25 at the pressure regulator then reduced to 1" at the softener loop. The fleck 7000 is installed currently hard lined using the 1" sweat adapters. I installed the current filtration/water heater etc so have no issued making changes as needed to accommodate a different valve.
What i am looking for is recommendations on what softener to use and vendor suggestions on where to purchase.
I do have an account at Hirsch pipe locally but they only stock one brand which is setup for 3/4 mainline.

Thank you in advance,
What city are you in?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks