Old (very old) Moen single-handle kitchen faucet removal help

Users who are viewing this thread

Mitch8

Reaction score
I am trying to replace a friend's kitchen faucet, but I am having issues with the removal of the Moen faucet. The 2 mounting posts have the water supply hoses attached to the posts and the sprayer hose is coming from the center of the faucet. I have removed the supply hoses as well as the two plastic nuts that secure the faucet to the sink, but it appears there is another mechanism somewhere that needs to be removed/disengaged to release the faucet from the sink. It does not appear to be any other nut below the sink that would inhibit its removal. Can anyone provide some insight as to how to proceed?

I suspect there is a nut under the faucet handle but I do not know how to remove the upper faucet to see if that is the case.

Mitch8

Reaction score
Thanks for the info HJ. That has been my experience as well But I've been beating up on the faucet from below as well as above the sink at the truncheon (sp?) and it hasn't budged an inch. I have tried to pry the top off the sink as well. There is some play at the sprayer line from below but that's it. My friend is getting worried that I am gonna ruin the sink ;-). Do you know how to remove the handle/mech etc from above?

Mitch8

Reaction score
Eureka! HJ, you gave me the confidence to really reef on the faucet. It finally came free! The previous owner had filled the underside the the faucet with plumbers putty which was like concrete now.

Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks