Old Frost Free units... replaceable or SOL?

Users who are viewing this thread

locus123

Reaction score
We bought a new (older) house. The prior owners installed frost free faucets outside. They're probably 20ish years old. Leaking of course. Inside the house, they've drywalled over where I could access it, so replacing them is a real PITA. This old version doesn't have an anti-siphon on the top. Am I SOL or is there any way to identify this part so I can purchase a replacement stem? Looks like most plumbing supply stores only sell the full unit now, which I would purchase if I thought there was any hope of being able to dismantle and retrofit and have it actually fit.

Ideas? Help? Please...

IMG_6944.jpg
IMG_6945.jpg
IMG_6946.jpg

locus123

Reaction score
Posting this for someone else, in case this comes up again.

This turned out to be an Aqua Dynamics 10" Frost Free. I bought one at Home Depot, pulled the internals out, and replaced it. Worked great.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks