Old Delta Shower Valve Leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert Dickey

Reaction score
Hello!

I have a question about a leaky valve on a Delta shower. I cannot seem to find the model on anything. A couple days ago I noticed a wet tile downstairs and found the water to coming from the shower. I eventually found the source of the leak after shutting off and on the water and gaining access to the back of the shower faucet.

I have attached pictures. I am hoping the issue is something easily fixed, if not I will have to call my landlord which is 50/50 on whether or not it gets fixed, or I get blammed as having broke it. The faucet itself is also leaking slightly, which may contribute? The both the faucet and the back of the valve leak only when the hot water is on, the faucet leaks when either the hot or cold is on.

I would appreciate any advice, can provide more pictures if needed.

Attachments

• pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 161
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 161
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 167
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks