O/T dryer queston

Users who are viewing this thread

Ally68

Reaction score
Not sure if you guys can help or not putting new hoses on washer and want to put new vent tubing on dryer.

Here is my problem. my vent is only like 1 foot from my dryer outlet but about 2 inches lower and 6-10 inches to the right. What I have on ther now is a metal acordian style tube about 3-4 foot long goes out of dryer uturns then out the wall was wondering if there was any way to not have the u and so much tubing. more direct only problem is it is so close but not lined up strait.
not sure if this makes and sense and not sure if you guys have any sugestions or not.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kevin @ ProSpex

Reaction score
Dryer venting question

Go to www.applianceaccessories.com and on the left side of the webpage you'll see the option "Laundry." Place your cursor on "Laundry" and a list will appear immediately to the right of the category. Move your cursor to "Dryer Venting" and click on it. It will bring up a page of dryer venting accessories including a number of offsets. One of these may do the trick for you.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

Home improvement centers have a metal dryer vent called a "periscope". It slides in and out to comensate for different offsets, (sometimes you have to cut off the excess if you just have a short offset), and then move the dryer into position so the periscope attaches to it. If needed a short piece of 4" metal pipe can be added if the dryer sits too far from the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks