Nu-Well 100 Pelletized Acid

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Website
ky8d.net
On the shelf of an Ace Hardware store local to me, I happened upon this interesting product: Nu-Well 100

This product is manufactured by a company whose main business seems to be screens and other hardware for wells. The SDS for this product identifies its main ingredient as sulfamic acid. That plus a coloring agent to indicate pH, which sounds very convenient. It is recommended as a descaler capable also of removing moderate bio-film.

At the hardware store, the product could be bought either as the OEM's original 1-gallon container, or else portioned out separately into smaller containers for wells of 1.25-inch and 2-inch well points. On the website itself, there is calculation for different casement diameters and depths.

I am curious to learn the consensus opinion of this product by members here.

Reach4

Reaction score
You can find some prior discussions by searching for nuwell (without the hyphen) using the search box above. Include the well forum in the search, because there will be few references in the water softener forum.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks