NPE-210A2 'Descale Mode' in Advanced Menu

Users who are viewing this thread

RCY

Reaction score
I just had a Navien NPE-210A2 installed. In the advanced menu, there is #5. 'Descale Mode' listed after item #4 - Special Operations, however, the owner's manual makes no mention of this mode and doesn't show it in the Advance Menu settings in the owner's manual, despite the message showing to Refer to Owner's Manual. The Owner's Manual only shows up to #4.

Does anyone have any insight into this setting? I'm hoping it does something magical when it's time to descale the unit.

Thanks.

navien descale mode.jpg

descale 2.jpg

navien.png

RCY

Reaction score
So, I tried using the descale mode and it activates the internal recirculation pump (in the A2). I stopped it without digging any further.

Thoughts? Do you think this means that there's no need for an external pump when descaling the heater? Wondering if I can just fill a bucket with vinegar, connect two hoses to the service valves and activate the Descale Mode, and the internal pump will take care of the circulation?

I asked Navien and they avoided answering the question by stating that a professional should descale (despite the fact that the descaling instructions are in the User's Manual).

Thanks.

Bob1209

Reaction score
So, I tried using the descale mode and it activates the internal recirculation pump (in the A2). I stopped it without digging any further.

Thoughts? Do you think this means that there's no need for an external pump when descaling the heater? Wondering if I can just fill a bucket with vinegar, connect two hoses to the service valves and activate the Descale Mode, and the internal pump will take care of the circulation?

I asked Navien and they avoided answering the question by stating that a professional should descale (despite the fact that the descaling instructions are in the User's Manual).

Thanks.

Bob1209

Reaction score
You are correct. No mention of the mode in the install manual. But it does allow one to do the descale maintenance without the need for a separate portable external pump. Using this mode will use the internal pump of the unit. The run time can be adjusted on the screen.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks