Non-standard hose bibb supply connection (not hose side)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rileyroo

Reaction score
Some time ago, I removed a vacuum-breaker because the flow from the faucet was less than the other outdoor faucet on my house.

I didn't realize that it had the pin to make it un-removeable, so I proceeded to mess up the threads where the thing connects.

No problem, I'll just replace the hose bibb as it is screwed into the supply line fitting.

When I got the replacement hose bibb (male threads), I can only get it to screw on about 1-1/2 turns at best before it stops. The one I took off was a full 5 turns to tight. Not wanting to force it, I removed it and compared the threads to the old bibb.

The threads on the old bibb are a bit finer than the new one (which is 1/2").

So now I'm trying to figure out why this hose bibb has odd threads. If I can find the manufacturer, perhaps I can get an exact replacement which would be the easiest solution. Or determine what the thread size is, perhaps I can find a replacement somewhere.

Changing out the entire fitting will be difficult since I can't access from the inside of the house (shiplap on walls), and changing from outside involves removing the "pad" where the pipe exits the house (concrete siding).

I'm attaching a picture of the hose bibb that shows the manufacturer's marking...does anyone know who this manufacturer is?

Also attaching a picture of the old hose bibb next to a new 1/2" bibb. The old one is on the right. You can see that the threads are different. Any idea what thread size this could be? I don't have any thread gages (that would have made it too easy).

The hose bibb is only 4 years old, so I would think the manufacture is probably still in business.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight you can provide.

Attachments

• bibb marks.jpg
    bibb marks.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 186
  • bibb threads.jpg
    bibb threads.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 195

Reach4

Reaction score
14 TPI vs 16 TPI?

1/2 inch compression is 16 TPI and 1/2 NPT is 14 TPI.

That brass nipple may be some kind of adapter.

Rileyroo

Reaction score
Great, compression hose bibb, and now I know I can get a replacement from Ferguson since that is the brand I have installed. Thanks for everyone's input.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks