Noise from Rinnai R53

Users who are viewing this thread

Dwight Reed

Reaction score
We bought a 10 yo house about 3 years ago. It has a Rinnai R53 tankless natural gas water heater with a recirc system with a 6 gal electric buffer tank. When we draw hot water from the system we can hear the hear the R53 all through the house. During the day it's not a problem but the system seems to cycle periodically throughout the night (even when we are not drawing water). My main question is, is this normal or should we be looking for a leak? We have a guest bedroom adjacent to the furnace/water heater room and the noise is quite loud in there. I'm thinking if the cycling is normal, I may have to turn the R53 off at night but leave the 6 gal tank on. That way we should still have some hot water at night but not have to listen to the R53. Any opinions or advise?

Thanks,

Dewey

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks