Nobody Can Find Our Pressure Reducing Valve -- Or Our Main

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Riversurf, I see you posted more info Do you have any idea what type pipe it is galvinized 70 years old rusted shut ? Maybe there isnt a PRV ? are you having trouble with low flow? .
havent done much of this but im thinking try air or even turning water off at street let pressure bleed off inside house then turn back on.
if house on slab is closest to the water main at street it likly enters house under slab might just go straight under to basement where it gets piped throughout
keep us posted what happens maybe a game plan will come up

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
We've hired dowsers in eastern washington. The guy said that he could only find what he's asked to find.. nothing random. Located an old water line and an old sewer line spot on and to the inch how deep it was. My brother can do it too.
We talking "witching sticks" here? Lol. Myth. I've seen a lot of people try it. It only works if you tell them where you think it is and it happens to be there.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
We talking "witching sticks" here? Lol. Myth. I've seen a lot of people try it. It only works if you tell them where you think it is and it happens to be there.
Yep.. our local gas utility had guys doing it too. We used the guy on the east side of the mountains on several occasions. Call it what you want, but that guy could find anything you asked him to if it were there.