No hot water in kitchen only. New faucet/supply line, hot water in all other faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

Centraba

Reaction score
Hello
I have a strange plumbing issue. My kitchen is closest to the hot water heater, and I'll let it run for minutes and the water doesn't get hot. I get hot water in the 2 bathrooms, both in the sinks and shower/tubs. I closed the valve on top of the water heater, and opened the kitchen hot water valve. No flow, so it seems like the line is okay. Ive disconnected the new hot water line from the new faucet, and ran it into a bucket. Still no hot water.

Im selling the house, and am thinking about just getting one of those small, undersink hot water heaters. A Lowes employee (yes, I know :) thought I might need an expansion tank on my hot water heater. I read somewhere that that just relieves the pressure and helps to preserve the lines. I'm selling the house, I just want to make it work so the seller has hot water in the kitchen. What do you guys think? Cost wise, Im looking about 100 - 150 either way, but I think the undersink hot water heater would be the way to go, plus it would be easier to install. I have a 120V line nearby, are most undersink heaters 120 or do I need 220V? Thanks in advance

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Did this no hot water just happen? When did it start? Is there a recirculation pump? Recently, have you changed any faucets, washing machine and any other plumbing work? How old is the water heater?

I recently changed the kitchen faucet at my son's house. The HOT and COLD labels were reversed on the single handle faucet. Did you run the cold water at the faucet?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks