Newbie DIY Plumbing Remodel Bath/Laundry

Users who are viewing this thread

PhilipG

Reaction score
I am new to plumbing, but have found a lot of good info on this site. I am turning an old closet into a bathroom, and the old bathroom into a laundry room.
Old.jpg

New.jpg

My question is whether the venting and drains I am attempting to do is correct. Below the rooms is a basement with a drop ceiling which is why I have the 3 in drain going as far as it is. The new bathroom is 8 ft wide, there is a small laundry closet in between it and the laundry, then the laundry room is 9 feet wide.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

PhilipG

Reaction score
Vent the shower before the toilet. Then that vents the toilet too.

Your laundry tub and standpipe venting need work. I know you can vent both trap arms separately before they join. Split the vents 42 inches or more above the floor.

http://www.co.lincoln.or.us/sites/d..._-_helpful_hints_residential_construction.pdf

The guide is great! If I kept the old piping, where the vent is already, would that work? Also, should there be a clean out in the vent pipe for both of those drains?

New-New.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks