New Yorker AP590 boiler keeps shutting down

Discussion in 'Boiler Forum' started by George Gilbert, Jan 8, 2019.

1. George Gilbert

George Gilbert New Member

I had winterized my home, and emptied my water pipes. I have a tankless coil that heats water and that was emptied too. My boiler AP590 heats my home baseboard water heating. After we emptied the pipes, it seemed to have stopped, the technician came in and checked out, said it was just air in fuel, he reset it. It ran fine for a month or so and then we had oil delivered. I find that after couple days it shut down again, neighbor reset it and worked fine. Then we had oil delivered couple days ago and now the furnace is acting up again. What could be causing this? Any ideas. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. Dana

Dana In the trades

Taking a wild stab at it...

Air in the fuel could indicate a leak somewhere between the tank and the burner, or possibly at the burner assembly itself, creating a little pocket of air between the nozzle an fuel line when idle. Has the level of oil smell in that part of the house increased? Any noticeable drip spots?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. George Gilbert

George Gilbert New Member

Hi Dana, yes, there is a drip spot where the oil exits from tank into fuel line. I had mentioned it to our technician before but he said it was tight connection. But then I placed a container under it and it does collect some oil. Perhaps I should try showing him that again?