New Versajet on old shallow well system problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Btglenn

Reaction score
Lost my Meyers pump to the freezes last winter and just put in a new shallow jet Schaefer versajet 1 hp made by Franklin elec The system worked fine before and fine after I primed and installed the new pump. The weather is heating up and I started to run sprinklers which was the longest the pump has run consecutively. Came home and it was off. No signs of overheat. Motor looks fine. No breaker tripped. Power is getting passed pressure switch 230v to motor but it doesn't turn on. Anyone have any experience with something like this. Thanks in advance

Barron

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
There is an automatic overload in the motor. Let it cool a few minutes and try it again. If that doesn't work I would think you don't have power on the right side of the pressure switch, or the motor is shot. Was the motor wired for 230 volts?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks