New sterling bath damaged by bodysoap

Users who are viewing this thread

DK33064

Reaction score
Tileman1 said:
Just to let you all know, i recieved my refund authorization letter in just two days and lowes credited my acct. Of course i am still stuck with stained wall and the possibility it could get worse with more soap, i really didnt expect to win this one. Forget about customer service dept at sterling, get a hold of the technical dept to resolve an issue.

However they still claim that the color goes all the way through the material and cant understand how it happened, i assured them it DONT. due to the poor boxing, some of the reinforcing ribs on the back side of the wall were broken off but since they dont show, i accepted, but you can see the almond color is only a thin layer and the rest is white resin/fiber material.

Congrats on your win Tileman. I was hesitant to purchase a Sterling tub, but I am not now because I'm buying a white one. Thanks for the info.

jrseaberg

Reaction score
possible help/cover-up

I don't know how well it would work, but it might save you the time and hassle of a tear-out.

There are various products by several manufacturers that you can "paint" tubs and tile. I have heard they don't work that well for the tubs due to wear, but it might make the walls look better than the white stain does now. The one thing that seems to be consistent with all of these products is surface prep is really important.

Jim