New sink drain line

Users who are viewing this thread

tim0711

Reaction score
Hi all...

I’m adding a sink in a basement room that is adjacent to an existing bathroom. The walls for the new sink and existing bathroom sink form a T, with the new sink at the head of the T. The bathroom sink is on the base of the T, the sink drain pipe is 24 inches from the wall where the new sink is to be installed at the top of the T.

To tie into the main drain would be very difficult, as the wye from the bathroom sink into the down drain is at floor level and there is a steel support post inside the plumbing wall between the main drain and where the new sink is to be installed.

So my question is... can I tie the new sink drain into the bathroom sink drain piping inside the bathroom sink cabinet, by adding a tie in fitting to the horizontal part of the bathroom sink drain where it enters the wall? It’s low enough, and there’s plenty of room to do it there.

It would end up being kind of like a double sink hook up, but with the new sink tying into the plumbing after the bathroom sink trap instead of before it.

Any advice is appreciated...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks