New Reverse Osmosis - Gurgling at sink

Users who are viewing this thread

MimnesotaWild

Reaction score
I recently had a reverse osmosis machine installed by a water treatment company. The owner has installed thousands of these but was perplexed on the gurgling noise coming from the sink every time the system refreshes. It’s annoying. Thinks it may be due to the slope of the drain pipe from the garbage disposal. I would appreciate any other ideas/possible fixes.

Attachments

• DCC6C8A2-347D-4F97-AD46-C78043EBA5E2.jpeg
    DCC6C8A2-347D-4F97-AD46-C78043EBA5E2.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 256

Bob Y.

Reaction score
Hello,

By looking at your pipes, it seems that you need to put a vent pipe after the J-trap.

You will need to install a T-pipe first, approximately four or five inches after the J-trap, and put it in line with the drain pipe. You may need to cut two inches or so out of the drain pipe to make room for the T-pipe so you can fit it between the J-trap and the drain pipe. Then after the T-pipe is installed, you will need to install an 18 to 20-inch straight pipe in the vertical position and then install an automatic venting unit on top of that straight pipe.

If you do it this way, you will no longer hear any more noise coming from your sink drain. This problem will be solved. All of the parts can be obtained at your nearby Lowe's or Home Depot.

Now there is another way to do the same thing, only instead of installing an automatic vent, you will have to install a vent pipe up to the roof and make it extend at least 10 to 14 inches above the roof line. The pipe size in either case should be two inches in diameter, and the pipe should be made of PVC.

I hope you find this information helpful. After you install this new venting system, please let me know how it works for you.

Bob :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks