New Lochinvar Knight install

Users who are viewing this thread

DEA

Reaction score
I got a lot of help from this forum as well so posting my DIY install.

Details....
WBN081 feeding 3 zones, third zone added to replace pellet stove in 1/2 finished basement.
Hot water via a 60,000 btu heat exchanger piped into the electric 80 gallon water heater. Taco bronze pumps water through a 16 plate SS heat exchanger from the bottom of tank to the top (enters from drain andexits at T&P valve), hot water from boiler enter other side of heater exchanger to warm water. Electric aquastat set at 120 F. Aquastat for boiler set at 150 (tank rated for 160 max) Hot water working better then i had expected, greater recovery time.
Circuit added for the pumps and pump controller, boiler and condensate pump on their own circuit.
Runs on LP
Vented where old gross power vent for oil boiler was

Some things reused from old boiler.....air vent, taco 007 (now for hot water) and expansion tank.

One odd thing.... town inspector stated no LWCO needed as the flow/pressure and hi-temp cut out built into the boiler provide the needed protection..?

Pics not great as i dont have a very wide lens (17mm) DSC_0160.jpgDSC_0161.jpgDSC_0162.jpgDSC_0163.jpgDSC_0164.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BadgerBoilerMN

Hydronic Heating Designer
Reaction score
Website
www.badgerboilerservice.com
Nice looking job. Pretty blue pipe.

LWCO is not required by the ICC nor in most model codes unless the boiler is at the highest point of the system or the installation commercial.

I nearly always install a LWCO on electric boilers but know other professional boiler men who use a LWCO on all their installations...old women, hehehee.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Depends on the emissivity of said paint, eh? ;)

But seriously insulating of all of the heat distribution & return plumbing does indeed increase system efficiency, the low-E of bare copper notwithstanding.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks