New code 910.4 2024 ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumbob401k

Union plumber
Reaction score
New code 910.4 2024 can anyone explain this one to me ??so u can add 45 on horizontal trap arms now ????

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I just looked at it no such language . trap arms must be ran no more than 2 percent grade and the trap and arm shall be on more than 2 pipe sizes larger . Paraphrasing but nothin special there?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
910.4 refers to combination waste and vent systems.
The added wording in 910.4 only refers to the slope of the trap arm not exceeding 2%

I don't see any wording about horizontal offsets

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think he's talking about offsetting the drain/vent itself. It's always been legal to offset it. It is specifying (and always has to my knowledge) that any vertical offsets need to be done with 45's so that the upper part of the piping maintains air space. The trap arm's need to stay horizontal with the main trucks, but the main trunck can be offset using 45's only. No 90's as they can cut off the airspace inside of the top of the piping.

I didn't read the code section he referred to.

GReynolds929

Reaction score
I think he's talking about offsetting the drain/vent itself. It's always been legal to offset it. It is specifying (and always has to my knowledge) that any vertical offsets need to be done with 45's so that the upper part of the piping maintains air space. The trap arm's need to stay horizontal with the main trucks, but the main trunck can be offset using 45's only. No 90's as they can cut off the airspace inside of the top of the piping.

I didn't read the code section he referred to.
There's nothing in the specified section about offsets or angles. As tuttles said it's referring to combination waste and vent system.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
If he wants something related to combo waste and vent He might re- state his question but nothing to do with 910.4 910.5 is where the action is for offsetting trap arms! but what Ive seen isnt new for 24

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
There's nothing in the specified section about offsets or angles. As tuttles said it's referring to combination waste and vent system.
Yes combination waste and vent systems are what I'm talking about.

The ipc does allow trap arm's to offset vertically with no vent on the upper portion. Basically ipc allows S-Traps for combination waste and vent systems and upc doesn't allow that. Upc just specifies that the trunk can offset up with 45's only.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes combination waste and vent systems are what I'm talking about.

The ipc does allow trap arm's to offset vertically with no vent on the upper portion. Basically ipc allows S-Traps for combination waste and vent systems and upc doesn't allow that. Upc just specifies that the trunk can offset up with 45's only.
yes they do allow offsettin trap arms upc 910.5 but no one is asking about that code?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
yes they do allow offsettin trap arms upc 910.5 but no one is asking about that code?
They no not allow trap arm's to offset up. Branches may offset, but branches with traps can only slope at 2%.

The comment I believe is about 910.5. Which (to my knowledge) has been there for a while.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
yes my comment above is ill repeat 910.5 and it has been that way awhile I used wrong wording its a branch with a ptrap. between the wye off the main that branch can offset in elevation for a ptrap to a floor sink restrictions apply , such as upsizing the branch and being 910.5 of cource Im talking only about combination waste and vent systems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks