New Build in Phoenix

Users who are viewing this thread

Loskinski

Reaction score
Hi there - First off, I have very little experience with water softeners since my other areas i have lived in haven't needed softeners. However, we are in the process of building out a vacation home that is in Phoenix AZ. The water there is pretty hard, and everyone we talked to has a water softener.

What we are trying to figure out is suggestions of what type to go with. The trick is, we will likely have good periods of time between us being there (or friends using it). We don't want to necessarily want to waste a ton of salt with it just sitting there cycling.

I tried to look to see if there are any systems with apps that we can control remotely so we don't have to worry about trying to describe enable/disable steps with our guests.

Anyone have any suggestions? How are the non salt based systems. I have been doing a ton of research and it seems like the Fleck heads are the most suggested. Been also looking at some of the systems like pelican and others like that as well.

Thanks for any guidance!

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
We manufacture and sell dozens of salt free systems, none of them work as well as a salt based unit. Most modern higher end softeners will simply sit idle and do nothing except a monthly cleaning cycle in order to keep the water from getting nasty due to low or no water usage. The Fleck XTRi is a great system that I currently use, it has a web based app so you can monitor water usage, error codes etc.. more features are being added regularly.

dsimmons55

Reaction score
We manufacture and sell dozens of salt free systems, none of them work as well as a salt based unit. Most modern higher end softeners will simply sit idle and do nothing except a monthly cleaning cycle in order to keep the water from getting nasty due to low or no water usage. The Fleck XTRi is a great system that I currently use, it has a web based app so you can monitor water usage, error codes etc.. more features are being added regularly.

OK so now I am intrigued by the wifi Fleck XTRi, but after googling I'm assuming they are not for the general public or for licensed plumbers? I just recently went wifi on my sprinkler system and love it. Your website www.impactwaterproducts.com has no info on it?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Not yet, I will be adding that in the next few weeks. I have the XTRi at my house, it is neat, but as with most wifi connected devices like your sprinklers, they are neat, but do you really need a toaster to tell you your toast is ready by buzzing your phone? You can get water usage information, salt level, errors, notifications etc on the app and it also can tie into your Pentair pool pump and more devices are in the works.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks