new 2 story plumbing plan - help

Users who are viewing this thread

MTTim

Reaction score
Hello all,
new member that can use all the great help from you guys on Terry's site. I have been reviewing a lot of threads and now I am at a point to ask you all to see if my plan meets UPC code.

Here is a sketch of my plan. rough but got most things I think. I have not listed all my fittings or any measurements but I think I got venting basically right between floors knowing there has to be 42" above floor to get above 6" over flood level. Please feel free to correct anything I have done wrong and ask if my drawing is confusing. Looking forward to your comments.

Thx
Tim

Attachments​

Attachments

• plumbing layout.jpg
    plumbing layout.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

MTTim

Reaction score
Hello all,
new member that can use all the great help from you guys on Terry's site. I have been reviewing a lot of threads and now I am at a point to ask you all to see if my plan meets UPC code.

Here is a sketch of my plan. rough but got most things I think. I have not listed all my fittings or any measurements but I think I got venting basically right between floors knowing there has to be 42" above floor to get above 6" over flood level. Please feel free to correct anything I have done wrong and ask if my drawing is confusing. Looking forward to your comments.

Thx
Tim

Attachments​

Re-attached the jpg plan because it wasn't opening. let me know if it still does not open

MTTim

Reaction score
Wayne,
thanks for your review. what would be the advantage of wet venting? less piping/fittings/or other? where and how would I do it? I was worried about making a mistake if I tried to simplify or get creative!

Thx
Tim

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
thanks for your review. what would be the advantage of wet venting?
The upside is fewer dry vent takeoffs, so less piping on the dry vent system.

where and how would I do it?
The basic idea is that you can use the dry vented lav drain to wet vent the associated shower, tub, and/or WC. So possibly just have one dry vent takeoff per bathroom group.

BTW, I notice at one point you specify a low heel 90 and at another you specify a 3" san-tee with bushing on top. Those are the same idea and interchangeable. I.e. a low heel 90 with 2" inlet is just another name functionally for a 3x2x3 san-tee.

Cheers, Wayne

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think it looks great ! I may have missed something but you seem totaly on track. Waynes point I think would be save some labor and material, but a particular owner might want to overbuild Including I* might go as far as removing the low heel outlet and just run 3 inch up off the last toilet for a full size vent. btw Will your AHJ require you to up the vent pipe size going through roof for snow or frost in Montana?
Anyway I like your plan Just matter of whether you want to save a little work and material Id run with what you got. we do it all the time in commercial and institutional run over size and bullet proof but its not quite free.

MTTim

Reaction score
Wayne and Jeff thx for more comments.
I will try to markup my dwg with some wet venting to make sure I get it right.
I thought I would use the low heel 90 on upstairs toilet so it would fit in my 2x10 floor joist cavity that sets above my 2x6 downstairs plumbing wall located between my laundry/mudroom and down bathroom.
Also Jeff I don't know if vent through roof needs uprising due to snow/cold will check into it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks