Neighbors Heat pump resonates to bedroom 75ft away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Bazinet

Reaction score
Hello all, new to forum. My neighbor across the street and one over installed an LG heat pump. Its located on the ground on an aluminum stand at the house wall but the garage (attached to the house) is set back from the edge of the house by aprox. 8 ft creating a corner (90 deg) pointed right at our bedroom. We had to move to the basement to be able to sleep. Where do I start looking for issues?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Low on refrigerant or the compressor fan is not operating and cause the outside coils to ice over. Obviously it’s in heat mode. The only fix is an HVAC tech with gauges and knows heat pumps and AC. If it is that noisy the homeowner should hear it and may be buring power and not getting much heat from it.

Last edited:

Mark Bazinet

Reaction score
Low on refrigerant or the compressor fan is not operating and cause the outside coils to ice over. Obviously it’s in heat mode. The only fix is an HVAC tech with gauges and knows heat pumps and AC. If it is that noisy the homeowner should hear it and may be buring power and not getting much heat from it.
mmm... Not seeing any icing, unit seems to be free of any ice.... big fan in the front is running periodical.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Hard to say what it is since we cannot hear it. If you can make a video with your phone, post it on YouTube or another site, then link it from this forum, we’ll be able to hear it.

Has this just started and how long has the unit been installed? The fan cycles because the thermostat is turning the system on and off. When the fan shuts off does the compressor also turn off and it is dead quiet? You say it is resonating sound and that tells me it’s the compressor making the noise. It should run fairly quiet. Have you talked to your neighbor about it?

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
With the correct refrigerant charge is correct and the by pass controls are operating correctly the scroll compressors used in LG heat pumps are virtually silent. If the thing is making noise it may be damaging the compressor, something your neighbor would probably want to know about.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks