Need some design help with freezing/drainage

Users who are viewing this thread

Rossn

Reaction score
Need a little help with my irrigation valve layout and drainage and preventing freezing. I'm located in the Denver area, with frost line ~30".

How should I lay out my two (17x23) control boxes to prevent freezing to city water supply for ouse(green line, about 33" below grade), well supply line to house (just above and parallel to the green line and about the same elevation), and manage drainage?

#1-4 & D are maybe 14" below grade (D maybe 1" lower than the others) and based on a water test, I think they go up slightly as they head away from the pit area.

How do I handle drainage, if I'm trying to avoid having to blow out sprinklers seasonally? Originally I thought D would be a gravity drain to the spigots, but testing with water, I think it must slope up a little first.

In the photo I have:

A: City water supply for BFP
B: Downstream of BFP, where copper will drop to a el
C: Well
D: Blue 1" Poly leading to three seasonal spigots, each with a drain valve about 18" under ground... they are arranged so one end spigot is at the highest point, and one end spigot isat the lowest point. This area is between the first two spigots.
X: Ignore
1: One zone, 1" Poly
2: One zone, 1" Poly
3: One zone, 1" Poly
4: One zone, 1" Poly
5: One drip zone, 3/4" Poly
6: One new drip zone, 1" Poly
7: One new drip zone, 1" Poly
8: One new drip zone, 1" Poly

irrigation_unearthed_west.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks