Need Help Installing Water Softener Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
My apologies, I must have misunderstood what your trying to say. When you mentioned "alarm unit" the only thing that came to mind was the smart water leak detectors which are made by Moen.
Basement Watchdog BSD-HWA.

Treeman

Reaction score
That's awesome of you to have emailed the manufacturer. I suppose their response was to be expected since they also mention that on their product brochure online.

Interestingly the Wayne EEAUP250 1/4 HP Submersible Utility Pump doesn't mention this as being a temporary solution type of device.
Their website actually boasts their automatic on and off feature they call "iSwitch".

"Can be left unattended to remove water from flooded basements, window wells, boats, stock tanks, flat roofs, low spots in driveways"

Unattended sound like the key word and necessary feature we would need in a pump for my given situation. Like Wayne said, "Set it, and forget it!" :)
Well, the owner's manual does state "This unit is NOT designed for use as a sump pump or in sump applications,......."

LOL, your brain works like mine - detail oriented and investigate options to the nth. degree. Beware when analysis paralysis hits! I think that you/I are over thinking this. Either pump should be suitable for your purpose that has a severe low probability of ever being needed. I DO get the perception that the Wayne is the better unit of the two, and it does cost more. The marketing appeals to my bias's. It's "assembled" in the USA. Wayne is a solid company. iSwitch "sounds" impressive. The literature and sales sheet has more "tick marks" for features I appreciate.

Good luck!!!!!

Rsaybe

Reaction score
Basement Watchdog BSD-HWA.
Got it, thanks for that. Although I already have that Moen water leak detector which I plan to use for this setup. I own three of them and only using one at the moment.

The nice thing about the Moen detectors is that they have an app you download to your phone and receive all notifications. The app will even call my phone and alert me if any leaks are detected.

The app also shows the temps and humidity readings for the area the smart water leak detectors are placed which is also a nice feature.

Moen also sells an additional water monitor that connects to the same system and can shut off your water supply automatically or anytime you choose through the app. Although this unit is a little pricey at about $499. Might look into this at a later time.

Rsaybe

Reaction score
I think that you/I are over thinking this.

Yes, I think your correct in saying "over thinking this". Heh. That seems to be the approach I use on everything lately. Gez, this tends to make a simple project take longer than preferred.

But the end results are usually pleasing, satisfying and made to stand the test of time. :)

I just received my Wayne pump today. Looks nice. Waiting on a clear 2 gallons bucket I ordered online and some bulkhead adapters to attach the drain hose onto the bucket to keep it secured in place. Wouldn't want the gravity drain line to jump out of the bucket in the event water was to flow through the hose. ;)

Thanks again for all the help.

Reach4

Reaction score
I figured a common non-transparant bucket, and maybe tie the drain tube in place to the bail if you felt a need to secure it a bit.

Ncizjp

Reaction score
Sticking a washing machine drain in a roomy bucket isn't the best idea because you'll have to take the bucket out with the used water. Are you ready to go back and forth with the bucket all the time on laundry days? I understand that the conditions in your garage aren't the roomiest. If I were you, I'd think of a system with a longer hose that would go somewhere under your garage through a drainage passageway. You may have to call in something like a drain camera inspection in Toronto to get started. Sorry, I don't know where you live (I live in Toronto). After permission, create a drainage pipe under the garage that will have a drain somewhere outside. This is a great solution to not create a lot of muddy and stinky puddles around the garage.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks