Need help disassembling Roman faucet handle

Users who are viewing this thread

Christopher Senska

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a leaky faucet on my jetted American standard tub and my cold water handle seems to be the culprit. I would like to take it apart and see if the cartridge needs replacing, but I can't figure out how it comes apart. I took off the plastic cover with the C for cold water expecting to find a screw, but it doesn't look like there is anything for me to unscrew. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. A picture is attached.

Attachments

• IMG_2589.JPG
    IMG_2589.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 205

Christopher Senska

Reaction score
Pretty sure the handle untwist. There may be a set screw there
Yeah I've been trying that but I can't seem to get the handle to come off without it catching the piece of metal in the middle that controls the opening and closing of the valve. There must be a way to hold that piece stationary while I can unscrew the handle. Tried all the hex and Allen sizes I have and they were too large. Here's a close up if that helps.

Attachments

• IMG_2592.JPG
    IMG_2592.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 172

Reach4

Reaction score
See if you can find or borrow a digital camera. Put the camera into "macro" mode, which is identified by a tulip icon.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
"Tried all the hex and Allen sizes I have and they were too large."

Don't ask me why, but there are a thousand sizes of those wrenches. You have to find the right size and get the handle off.
Just don't wreck the handle, because if you do, you will need a new pfaucet.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah I've been trying that but I can't seem to get the handle to come off without it catching the piece of metal in the middle that controls the opening and closing of the valve. There must be a way to hold that piece stationary while I can unscrew the handle. Tried all the hex and Allen sizes I have and they were too large. Here's a close up if that helps.
By handle I mean the smaller horizontal piece.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks