Need design advice for cabin using rationed well water

Users who are viewing this thread

Night Owl

Reaction score
We have a cabin that we use on the weekends and maybe one full week a summer. It is located among other cabins that access well water but due to drought conditions and age of well cabin owners have had to go to holding tanks. During high demand weekends the well cannot keep up.

I would like suggestions for how to design a system that would fill a ~200 gallon holding tank from the well water when water is flowing and shut off when full. Do i need a pressure pump? Do I need a filter or filter system? What would i install to prevent backflow when well water pressure drops to zero? Where would i install (right where well water line goes in? Or after holding tank?).

I also have the ability to collect grey water from the roof for the cabin toliet which would be helpful. Unfortunately during drought conditions this could be empty and I would need the ability to every now and then either fill this with well water or have the toliet pull wate from the well water holding tank.

Look forward to your suggestions and discussion as i am a novice.

Side note i do have a storage room to easily locate the tank and equipement and it is roughly 40 sq feet. Will be installing a 3gpm electric tankless water heater.

Thanks in advance!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks