Navien NCB 240-E - Low Temperature

Users who are viewing this thread

raptor235

Reaction score
Hi,

Found this forum on google and seems like a great resource.

We just moved into a new house and our water temperature never seems to get very hot... it's warm... but not hot... I've maxed out the settings but it's just not getting to the required temperature.

I have the unit set at 180 F which should be 82 degrees celcius but when I used a air thermometer I'm only showing 40 ceclius in multiple locations in the house.

We do have heater floors as well and the floor seems not cold in the basement but also you can't really tell that they're heated.

I've been over the settings in advanced menu and I don't see anything that seems out of order.... water pressure is at around 18psi...

I'm not sure if I maybe try to reduce the water pressure if that could help.. but it's very frustrating moving into a brand new house and not having very hot water..

I tried reducing the pressure through valves coming out of the unit and also just running the hot water slower and also just shutting cold water completely off to one of the bathrooms which didn't help at all...

Is there any specific direction I should be looking to help improve this?

Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Your writing about the radiate floor heat not domestic hot water? This thermostat is this for heating not dhw. What brand and model number of stat ( should be inside front cover or subbase )

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Once a radiant floor's space is up to temperature, you don't want the floor to become hot. The only time it might need to be hot is if you had a big setback, or you have totally inadequate insulation. Not cold is ideal for a radiant floor once the room is to temperature. Radiant floor water temps rarely need to be over 130-degrees, as that temperature would be too hot to touch comfortably if the floor ever got there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks