Navien Combi not heating enough

Users who are viewing this thread

dustel

Reaction score
I have a multi family house consisting of 4 apartments. The thermostat is set in the high 70's but can't seem to pass 69-70. We are currently in a cold weather season and tenants are complaining that it is cold inside. I had the unit along with all the pipes installed two years ago. The tech had gone a few times and hasn't found the problem yet. last time, he mentioned that due to the hot water continuously being on, it is affecting the temperature on the boiler. he had recommended to install a separate water heater and leave the combi as a boiler only. Please help.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
Navien's have a user friendly digital panel that allows you to check and set output temps, it should be set to at least 170 in NY, it's possible the boiler's operating at a lower temp, if so, move it up.

You should have the I/O manual, usually installers tape it to the side, use it to ensure you don't accidentally adjust DHW instead.

Also, sounds like you're using a single boiler for 4 apartments, it's possible the boiler's too small for the sq/footage, tell us how many total sq/ft your heating and the boiler's output rating.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks