Navien Combi Boiler 240/130H & a generator hook up

Users who are viewing this thread

Wanda624

Reaction score
Can I connect the navien Comby boiler system to an external 4375 watt generator with out messing up the sensitive electronics? Due to storms and power outages I was wondering if it was safe to use the generator temporarily to take a shower.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Don't know about your heater but with my cheap Champion gen run a flat screen tv, stream, router and internet. Never tried my computer but use tablets.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I think an inverter generator is specifically designed for clean power. I've read that "generator" don't provide as clean a power profile. Ask your mfr.
I have one customer who uses a nice big 'computer' UPS to run his Tankless WH. Those do provide clean sine wave.
There are also Automatic Voltage Regulators (line conditioner), get a good one. Cheaper than a new boiler.

Last edited:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah I think you'd need a particular generator to run the electronics. You'd want to consult Navien. They should be able to give you some particulars. When they do post back and tell us what they said.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks