Natural gas inspection question

Users who are viewing this thread

RonL1

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this..... I am replacing a standby generator with a larger one. Basically disconnecting it from the current gas line (2psi regulated down) and reconnecting to the larger one. I know I need to pull a permit to do this, but what will the inspection need ? Will the entire gas line inside the house need to be checked again ? And would that entail capping everything and represurizing it for the inspector ?

Fitter30

Reaction score
If theres a valve where line is teed off and one before the generator and a tee with a pressure tap between the two valve. After pressuring closing both valve with gauge installed should check line.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is a question for the inspector. Ask him what he wants to see. Fill him in on what your doing.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
If the primary line is not changed, then just replacing equipment and a few feet of pipe is not pressure tested.
A leak test via squirt/soapy water, leak test solution or gas sniffer is likely all that would be called for by an inspector.
And, you won't know unless you ask.

RonL1

Reaction score
If the primary line is not changed, then just replacing equipment and a few feet of pipe is not pressure tested.
A leak test via squirt/soapy water, leak test solution or gas sniffer is likely all that would be called for by an inspector.
And, you won't know unless you ask.
Have to figure out who that would be... guess Acala to the permit office is in order.....
Thanks !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks