Moving the stack

Users who are viewing this thread

AllanA

Reaction score
Hello all,

We just purchased an older house and are planning to do some pretty extensive reno. Moving plumbing fixtures, running new PEX lines and moving a few walls (non-bearing).

In trying to create a direct hallway between the master bedroom and the 2nd bedroom (soon to be ensuite), I found the stack right in my path. So the question is, can I tweak it without interfering with proper drainage?

The clean-out in the basement and the secondary connected lines actually face different directions than shown in diagram, but I included them to show I was aware and there will be changes to the top connections obviously. The main floor lines actually become shorter runs to the fixtures attached.

But can I put the 45 jog in the vertical line? I am comfortable in running the new upper stack through the roof (cut a hole, new boot, new shingling, etc). There are a few flexible couplings on this line already, so some work must have taken place in the past.

stack change.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
be careful with a heavy stack can fall use proper couplings as well not the unshielded ones

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks