Main water supply line enters house inside basement shower floor

Users who are viewing this thread

Rebecca3030

Reaction score
Ready to start installation of Pressure reducing valves, shutoff and Pressure gauge and all. Its a tri level, slab and crawl space. Main water supply is 3/4 inch copper and enters home through basement slab into concrete block shower floor. And silcock is just 1 inch off the floor I'm continuing with pex and replacing silcock. Shower is 33 inches wide. Hopefully that explains.
This shower is used maybe 2 times a year.
Should / can I install everything exposed inside the shower or somehow extend supply elsewhere first. Thank you in advance for your continued help.

Reach4

Reaction score
You are asking if the PRV can be installed exposed inside the shower? Usually it would go after the sillcock and before everything else.I am not a pro.

I would take care to avoid stressing that copper coming thru the basement floor.

Rebecca3030

Reaction score
never saw one befor lets see pictures
20210205_100114.jpg
20210205_100755.jpg
20210205_100114.jpg
20210205_100755.jpg
20210205_095758.jpg
20210205_100114.jpg
20210205_100755.jpg
20210205_095758.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I apologize for the duplicates

I guess its all good or all bad depending on your point of view . If it works and your happy great! If you want a nice well maintained home then its not so good. but not every one has money to burn to try to have a decent home . or some dont care So I try not to make judgment

Themp

Reaction score
If it was me I would stick with copper for what you want to do. I would look at maybe putting the PRV on the water heater side of the wall. You can do it in the shower, but I would somehow attach the copper pipe feeding the water heater to the wall for support. For the sill cock why not make it higher so you can use it to fill buckets and stuff. Usually PRVs have a nice union on one side for replacement and this works well with copper. And the shower picture with the notations, shows something corroding in the bottom right. I would clean that up and paint the shower block with some water proofing cement block paint.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks