luke warm water at bath

Users who are viewing this thread

kmp-fxsts

Reaction score
I have a single control mixer for my bath/shower in my 25 year old home. My problem is that I cannot get any more than lukewarm water from it even with the controls at full hot. The sink in the same bathroom performs as normal and provides hot water. Any suggestions?

Smartin684

Reaction score
Change the anti-scald setting

If you are getting hot water from the sink, then the problem is probably in the anti-scald setting on the shower handle. Pull the handle off the shower control, and you should see some kind of semi-circular piece with gear like teeth in it. This is ajustable so that you can only let so much hot water in so as not to scald the user. This is adjustable. Try repositioning it so that it allowes more hot water through the valve. There shoudl be a + OR - marking on it. Hope this helps.

Norcal1

Plumber/Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like a balancing spool problem...just replace the cartridge and you'll be taking hot showers in no time.

Good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks