Loose Pipe Connection under kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
For a professional plumber this would probably be an easy one.

I have a loose connection under my kitchen sink. I've tried
to tighten the connection put didn't get any where.

How do I fix?

Please see picture. (The yellow arrow shows where the leak is at.)

pipe-q.jpg

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
Go to hardware store get some nylon 11/2" sj washers, take it apart and replace washers as needed, sharp side down

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
In addition, from your picture (and it could be misleading, but worth checking) your horizontal section should have a slope down, enough to allow flow to the trap.

Reaction score
So, I just noticed today that there is also a leak just above where I had an arrow pointing... so where the above section of the pipe meets the base of the sink. Would nylon 11/2" sj washers fix that too or is there something else I need to get?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The washer below the basket is different. There are two kinds, one that is folded in at the top to direct water down, and one that is a reinforced flat rubber washer.

Most of your tubular fittings work with 1-1/2" slip joint washers, which can by nylon or rubber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks