Lookie what scrap buys

Users who are viewing this thread

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I bought these for a grand today and can't wait to show my nieces and nephew for Christmas!

And to top it off, I bought them from a plumbing supply house! :D$:D$:D

Copper and Brass, the product that keeps paying you back.

My scrap barrels served me well today wooooooooooooooooooooo!

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
looks like fun

they look like fun this spring to me.....

I suppose you bought them from the
owner of a plumbing supply house....???

I got a Jet Ski for sale if you are interested...

got a ton of copper scrap to get rid too......

at these prices it adds up very quickly.

Last edited:

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
JET SKI! I'm looking for a good engine for a 650 waverunner..... I've got 4 of them buggers and only 1 is running.....

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
master plumber mark said:
I suppose you bought them from the
owner of a plumbing supply house....???

I got a Jet Ski for sale if you are interested...

Yep, owner. Surprised the employees didn't destroy them while they was there.

Even though my fascination with water and its movements....large bodies of water scare me. I sink like a lead fishing weight and I think their parents need to be the one to introduce them to a jet ski.

I bought them electric scooters early last year and today I'm charging the batteries up to let them ride like crazy. I can only imagine the looks on their faces when they see these two go karts.

At their age they have a fascination with mobility without effort (pedals) and anything motorized is a good time. Something I wasn't gifted with, that's for sure.

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
throttle them down

no criticism meant here just a suggestioin....

depending on the ages of your kids those things look
like that they could really fly.......

do they have a governor on them some way to
kick them down to maybe 15mph?? ????

I have personally had a few young nephews 15 yrs old
really come close to getting messed up on my jet skis....

watching my nephew go head on into another jet ski driven by my
other nephew and getting knocked off into the water was a real exciteing experience..

no one was hurt, but could a been---and that was the last time they ever rode them

very close calls make for vivid memories....

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
our minds think alike

They are going to sit in storage until spring and before then I am going to send them off to get inspected and new throttle cables installed with either rpm lock or speed governor.

A true story but when I was growing up I had a best friend die. He was 5 years younger than myself and we were the neighborhood kids along with our sisters and others on the street.

His dad brought home two used 3 wheelers, the kind with the fiberglass bodies, not the motorcycle type. His dad was also the owner of a small engine/lawnmower shop. You'd never think what happened next.

His dad didn't fully inspect everything on the 3 wheelers. As a father would do he would watch his son and daughter ride out in their yard when in use.

The throttle was rusted on the boy's 3 wheeler, the throttle stuck wide open, the 3 wheeler and the son went airborne over a driveway and hit a parked truck in a garage.

The handles as you know on those 3 wheelers where the bicycle type. The boy was maybe 70 pounds tops, when the front wheel hit the parked truck the one handlebar hit his chest with such a force that it blew a hole in his heart, undetected.

He complained of extreme cold on a summer day, which indicates internal bleeding immediately. He was shuffled from one hospital to children's and enroute he died.

The horror of that day will never be forgotten. Changed us neighborhood kids forever as well. We all separated and went our separate ways from that point forward.

Definitely a controlled situation, complete maintenance and no chance of them riding were something as simple as running over a branch can kick up and stick them while riding.

Even though it is mostly about fun, I'm hoping to prepare them for the motor skills of driving and being able to control the vehicle they are in.

Cookie

Reaction score
RUGGED said:
I bought these for a grand today and can't wait to show my nieces and nephew for Christmas!

And to top it off, I bought them from a plumbing supply house! :D$:D$:D

Copper and Brass, the product that keeps paying you back.

My scrap barrels served me well today wooooooooooooooooooooo!

I got to commend you, you are one hell of an Uncle. My boys would swap for you anyday of the week!

SumppumpPimp

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sorry about your loss with your best friend RUGGED! As you already know, you are going to be the best uncle anyone could have in the near future! Not that already aren't, but this will make you even better!:D

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
trampolines are my worst enemies.

People dont realize how easy is is to mess yourself up
for life ...just fooling around...on a trampoline...

I personally know of two people that have been
paralyzed for life becasue of a trampoline and the back yard party...
.one fellow had a family of four to support.....

and I basically broke a leg on one when I was a kid...
probably my left nut too in the same fall....

I got a dumb ass neighbor that has a trampoline in his back yard
with no fence, no cover.. I cant tell him how dangerous that they
are ....and he thinks he knows everything...

its..no different than falling face first off a roof.

its basically a lawsuit just waiting to happen...

When I go out to work on rental properties and see a trampoline
in their back yards......I always call the Landlord Immediately and
tell them..about it.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
During my late teens and early 20s I rode motorcycles and ended up almost dead in an accident by splitting my liver open. All internal injuries. Funny part was when they brought me in to the hospital the sky was deep blue, not a cloud in the sky.

I passed out.

When I came to I was looking out a window, the sky was black and lightning bolts were flashing by. I thought to my self, I'm dieing and I'm going the wrong way. When I got out 2 weeks later and 35#s lighter I could barely walk but 45 min. after my discharge I was on a motorcycle again. Talk about stupid.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Hey that sounds like me now; I'm killing my liver with the meds I take and I weigh 35 pounds more than I did this time last year! :D :confused:

I took the kids over to Pep Boys to show them all those different motorcycles and quads; I'm on the right track because they asked for all of them and wouldn't stop riding the ones that were electric.

Cookie

Reaction score
Rugged,

That was such a nice thing you did for your niece's and nephews.
Very very nice.

They are lucky to have you. I am sure they will love them.

Join a gym Steve, it is really fun, and their are loads of women their, even if you got a girlfriend, it will keep her on her toes, :D give yourself this as a Xmas present. Do it Steve, you won't regret it. I promise.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I just couldn't resist

I paid for this one, the red one in the middle and I figured instead of two watching and two riding....

Now two can ride together and two can ride separate.

I do not think they are going to care that I'm not going to let them ride these until the flowers are blooming and the grass is growing....4 months from now.

I wish I was a kid tonight....I'd be happy but I'll settle for what they will think of when they go to sleep tonight....envisioning driving like crazy on a go kart that

will always have fuel
will always have repairs fixed for free
will always be transported to the fun places
will always have fun places paid for, including food
will always have memories of how fun it is to tell their friends

Merry Christmas folks; just watched the bengals make a fool of themselves again on a bad snap that would of tied the game but that's predictable. I've replaced 4 water heaters in the past 6 days and just replaced a power vent water heater today and I am beat.

I'm going to eat hanky panky till I pass out tonite and call it a very good week in business, no complaints other than I need a good night's sleep.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks