Lochinvar "Peformance Loop" direction of flow ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Guy Saglioccolo

Reaction score
Hi All, I purchased a used Lochinvar Solution low mass boiler. The Performance Loop is a U shaped loop that connects the supply and return sections of the heat exchanger. But when I purchased it, the loop was disassembled, with no pump. Does anyone know which direction the pump flow should be going to ? Should it pump hot water from the supply side to the colder return side ? Or the other way ? I'm guessing it's designed to take some of the hot water and temper the colder return water to help reduce condensation ?

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 134

Fitter30

Reaction score
Found in their sale brochure. Haven't seen one with that loop.

The Solution boiler eliminates this problem with its built-in, performance loop. The loop maintains constant flow through the boiler when only a single zone of the system is calling for heat. This helps maintain peak system performance by keeping the copper heat transfer surface clean and operating at top efficiency. And the top water connections make replacements a snap by fitting into existing piping arrangements without additional elbows and connections. You can depend on Lochinvar, and you can depend on the Solution boiler to deliver the comfort, convenience, and reliability you need.
Look at this page system piped primary secondary loop can be eliminated
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/96274/Lochinvar-Solution-260000.html?page=27#manual

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks