Leaking Drain Pipe in Washing Machine Box

Users who are viewing this thread

edjerum

Reaction score
IMG_4738.JPG
IMG_4737.JPG
IMG_4736.JPG

In a rental property, I just discovered that the drain pipe in the washing machine box has been leaking for sometime. The photo with the red circle shows where water is leaking out of the joint between the collar in the box and the drain pipe.

What is the best and easiest fix for this leak?

Thanks very much

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you repair the faucet just to the left of the drain, that should solve most of your problem. You will need to shut the water off and take the faucet apart. You should be able to replace the rubber washer on the faucet stem. I would do both faucets.

edjerum

Reaction score
If you repair the faucet just to the left of the drain, that should solve most of your problem. You will need to shut the water off and take the faucet apart. You should be able to replace the rubber washer on the faucet stem. I would do both faucets.
Aha! So main problem is leaking faucet.

Do I need to do anything with the drain pipe?

THANKS!!!

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Fixing the leak is the main problem. I would either fix the faucets or replace the faucets so they do not leak. You could always try some type of waterproof sealant around the inside of the drain.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Most would have the washer drain hose installed into the drain pipe so that there would never be any liquid that high. If the valves are leaking, there is nothing to stop the water from going under the flange on the top of the drain. If you really want to clean it up, get a new washer box with new 1/4 turn shut off valves and replace the entire thing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks