Leak in new water lines

Users who are viewing this thread

SMC_55

Reaction score
Ok guys....here is the latest....I have removed the Schrader valve and gauge and installed a 3/4" pex to garden hose shut off valve. I have slowly turned on the water checking for the puddle/s and am currently at full open position and to my confusion after the numerous air pressure tests I have zero puddles. I reinstalled two 1/4 turn shutoff valves so I could let air bleed out of the lines. I opened both hot and cold until I got spittin then I closed. Let me explain a little something tho. My hot and cold sides are currently connected as one thru the shower on/off diverter valve because the cartridge is not installed and a test plug is. There could still be air trapped in the lines in a ciuple places but I figure if there was a leak in those lines the water would purge out the air and eventually a leak would occur. It has niw been about 15 minutes and I still am golden. No puddles!
How long should I leave it under full pressure and am I missing something somewhere. Anyone feel free to chime in here please!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
follow directions of manufacture or abandon air test. yes your missing something suggestions have been made . your getting nowhere

SMC_55

Reaction score
Jeff did you read my last post in its entirety? I abondoned air test. Performed water test and declared it a success. Water test showed a small leak at cast iron cap on end of shower head arm. Delta diverter test plug leaked a little bit. Other than that I had no leaks in the entire system. I removed the cast iron cap and fixed that leak leaving only the diverter test plug leaking.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Jeff did you read my last post in its entirety? I abondoned air test. Performed water test and declared it a success. Water test showed a small leak at cast iron cap on end of shower head arm. Delta diverter test plug leaked a little bit. Other than that I had no leaks in the entire system. I removed the cast iron cap and fixed that leak leaving only the diverter test plug leaking.
whoops no i missed that good all fixed

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks